BEING A FIRST YEAR UNIVERSITY STUDENT


Image result for university pupil cartoon images


You probably anticipated the January matric results with a positive spirit while simultaneously wondering how you will  handle the daunting pressure that comes with university . Now many people have been brainwashed to think that university is hard, I won't lie it's not easy. However it's not as hard as many people exaggerate, you probably know by now that university comes with independence, freedom entertainment, parties etc.

Whilst such things can bring high hopes to the students, they can also be a distraction to their academic studies. Nonetheless such things can be managed through prioritising, committing to their studies, taking responsibility, proper planning and not letting procrastination defeat oneself. At times this is not always easy as one is faced with so many challenges that being to adjust to the new learning environment completely different from high school, having to settle in a place far away from home and taking responsibility for their own being.

I believe every first year student is smart and strong enough to survive varsity. They can also handle the pressure while having fun, they should make sure that they meet new friends and take risk if they must and also remember that their studies are their first priority hence they should be treated as such.

So fellas tell me  how did you manage to pull through the pressure that comes with being a first year student and what advice can you give to someone out there who has the same feelings as you did on your first encounter?


Source: MyNews24
Link: https://m.news24.com>MyNews24.com

Comments

  1. Yes and that is how it is. We heard different views about it until we got there and had our own judgement about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a determined individual you should consider only fruitfully advises from seniors and bear in mind of what you want to achieve and not inferior yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say handling first year needs one to know who they are and what they are trying to accomplish. Change but not to be someone else just to handle the new environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so nervous because I thought varsity would change me. I was so scared to fail Stats. And I would say to matriculants they should work smart and efficiently Ms Matintela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say that one must just go with the flow, you know be yourself that's all. And most importantly one must have that perseverance spirit..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't easy for me to adapt to the new environment. Being told about how difficult is the course, meeting new people with different personalities, away from home and parents, having the freedom, all of these are overwhelming as a result they make hard for us to adapt to this sudden change of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To anyone, I'd say have fun, embrace the new environment. After all, you're now an adult and should try to find yourself and who you really are. University comes with pressure and one can easily lose themselves between trying to fit in and taking the high school mask off, making it very hard to get through the first year, which is a make or break year.
    Embrace the change, I got lost for some time, its only normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know yourself... Try by all means to adapt to change

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ITS ALL ABOUT HAVING A LEAP OF FAITH

WILL THERE EVER BE AN END TO THIS MALICIOUS STRIKES!!!

IS HUMAN RESOURCE TO BLAME?